Monday, March 14, 2016

Oh my Venus | Korean Drama Review

Information Source: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Oh_My_Venus
Title: 오 마이 비너스 / O Mai Bineoseu
Formerly known as: Oh My God
Genre: Romantic, Comedy
Episodes: 16
Broadcast network: KBS2
Broadcast period: 2015-Nov-16 to 2016-Jan-05
Air time: Monday & Tuesday 22:00
Original Soundtrack: Oh My Venus OST


Synopsis

Kim Young-Ho is a personal trainer for Hollywood stars. Even though he comes from a wealthy family background, he suffered a devastating injury during his childhood days. Now, he overcomes his problems with patience and stubbornness.

Kang Joo-Eun is 33-years-old lawyer. She has struggled to support her family. Now, Kang Joo-Eun is overweight and not so attractive.

Cast:
So Ji Sub as Kim Young Ho / John Kim (35)
Lee Hyo Je (이효제) as young Young Ho
Shin Min Ah as Kang Joo Eun (33)
Jung Gyeo Woon as Im Woo Shik (33)
Yoo In Young as Oh Soo Jin (33)
Sung Hoon as Jang Joon Sung (29) - Fighter
Henry as Kim Ji Woong (mid 20s) - Cutie


My Thoughts:

This series was recommended to me many times! and Finally I'm done with it woohoo!
very relatable fat-thin story. Cinderella beauty and brains at least that was what Kang Joo Eun (Shin Min Ah) aiming for. Let me share with you some of this series moments:

her transition was very gradual it took a couple of episodes to finally return to her Daegsu Venus form. (meaning she's the most beautiful and popular girl in her hometown)

her "bestfriend" on the other hand during college year looked like this..

to this...(meeting for the first time after so many years)

I like their first dinner out together of course Coach was against it but went with it anyway it's Venus day anyway haha

I mean we all have this dream moment when we finally lose all the weight walking down the runway Total makeover!

The moment I saw this guy again I thought I would never finish this series I don't like his cheating playboy character portrayal but this series sorta kinda like avenge himself since I didn't like his character in birth of beauty and didn't finish that series because ugh it was so irritating! his character over here at Oh my Venus got more depth and story behind it all.

Look at that weight loss moment!

Anyway, I feel happy with this series and sad at the same time. When Coach was hurting again and had to go away for rehabilitation in order to regain his physical form. The proposal and all that crazy knitting was heart warming! Cutie Pie Henry and Sung Hoon total great buddies in this series I like their Tandem I don't like the "CF Queen" who is totally annoying and stalking Sung Hoon but it was funny whenever she tried to flirt with him..would you like to go to dinner with me or kiss me? haha


There are times I feel like they are totally highlighting her dimples just like this one

This Dimple pop is the total selling point!


Oh and my favorite character would have to be cutie pie henry his Konglish is the best! and coach's secretary (the guy with glasses picture below) he's so serious yet funny at the same time!

I like it whenever they have this  new type of heart sign moments together they seem very close haha
 
His Christmas song Karaoke was Phenomenal :))

What else...I really hate Coach's greedy uncle the whole tragedy near the end happened because of him ugh but because of that Coach and Kang Joon's love flourish and there's no question about it! Overall 5 out of 5 stars! very touching,funny and heartwarming story! all the characters grew into me The ending caught me by surprise!


No comments:

Post a Comment

March~Monthly Update

Hey Guys! I feel like so many cray things happened this month especially at work which I can't really talk about but just wowww! anywa...