Thursday, December 3, 2015

Lizzie Borden took an ax (2014) | Movie Review


Lizzie Borden Took an Ax (2014)
TV Movie | TV-14 | 87 min | Crime, Drama, Mystery | 25 January 2014 (USA)

The true story of Lizzie Borden, a young woman tried and acquitted in the 1892 murders of her father and stepmother.

Director: Nick Gomez

Writer: Stephen Kay

Stars: Christina Ricci, Clea DuVall, Gregg Henry |See full cast and crew »







My thoughts:

I watched it over at Netflix. To be honest I have no idea who she was until I read some online articles about her then the film. Her Alibi is truly strange yet her crime seems flawless and perfectly executed! although well she did hit her parents real hard so many times with an ax based on this movie I think she definitely needs a psyche consult I'm not sure if such thing exist way back in the day also a lie detector test.Since during her time a lady killer is unheard of some people find it absurd but I think it's possible that she did it her motive would be? hmm..well she clearly doesn't like her stepmother and disapproves/clash with her father from time to time.She wants to be free,got some anger issues, small petty theft and quite a rebel actually.The space in between crimes and where is at is truly suspicious even the way she acts. Anyway, Christina Ricci played her role really well she's quite convincing! Overall I'm not sure whether or not I should rate it haha since it was brutal! not much in depth  character background just the before and after the crime and trials..hmm 3.5 stars for this new version of the film as for the crime 4.5 out of 5 stars why? although it was messy near the end she was...well you have to find that out for yourself I don't want to give away everything haha!she's crazy I'd tell you that haha!


No comments:

Post a Comment

March~Monthly Update

Hey Guys! I feel like so many cray things happened this month especially at work which I can't really talk about but just wowww! anywa...