Thursday, May 12, 2016

Armchair BEA: Intro and Aesthetics (Day 1 & 2)

For those of you who doesn't know about Armchair BEA If you're a book blogger who can't attend Book Expo America and/or BookCon in Chicago this May, you don't have to miss all the fun - this virtual convention is the place to be!

DAY 1

Hello! my name is Kim ^_^

Sorry for the late post I'm glad I followed ABEA on instagram as I almost forgot about it ugh senior moments! anyway, I'm a book blogger for five years now but there was a time I didn't post as much on my first blog which I created way back June 2011 (some of you might recognize it if you've been following me long enough) I first participated in ABEA last May 2013 and then life happens haha!

One of my Favorite book is Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman and I highly recommend it!he's a LEGEND!  so epic! the way he describe things,scenarios and people are so fine,funny and clever. So I guess it's safe for me to say I love fiction a lot! especially fantasy and then mystery mostly because of the adventures aspect of it unravelling things and such.

A book blogger I recommend you checkout is Cassandra from Book & Movie Dimension she posts very thorough reviews and to be honest the only book blogger that I know of that's still active after all these years!

Looking at the ABEA Topic line up I'm mostly looking forward to DAY 3 since I'd like to catch up with you guys and as much as I'd like to say DAY 1 I can't since I already missed it haha!

That one song that reflects my bookshelf right now would be Carmina Burana :))

I usually arrange my books by genre/category or like for certain events like february-valentines day or like October- November : Horror (sorry no shelfie maybe next time? follow me I hope you stick around ;)

The book I'm most excited about on my TBR would be my comics if you saw my previous comic haul I went a bit cray pwahaha! I guess the most intimidating would be my entire TBR itself I need to figure out how to read them fast asap!

The most interesting thing I learned through my reading this year so far is about Audrey Munson the first supermodel in the USA a.k.a Miss Manhattan you can see her everywhere in NYC as a statue in bronze,gold,stone all sorts of artform!

Now if I could have lunch with any characters of my choosing that would be Tyrion,Arya and Daenerys so they could all take a lil break from westeros haha! Arya could teach us how to sword fight while Tyrion speaks some random trivia or like play a drinking game and maybe Daenerys could also teach us a thing or two about valyrian language as the two could use it after our lil lunch hangout also dragons yas! :))


I sometimes judge the book by their cover (Marketing Strategy 101:)) due to their visual appeal and overall impact I guess since that's the first thing most of us notice. Before I don't really care bout the exterior although it's always nice if the cover embodies what the book is all about then it would be easier to decipher. I feel like if I choose to coordinate like matching covers in that sort of edition for every single book I own I'd be broke so I dropped that idea long ago unless I find some affordable alternative.

As a book blogger I don't think this blog got a certain "brand/ing"yet as I like to experiment a lot with the flow and content I put in here so yeah as for customization I like to do my own CSS before but right now I like basic things,simple and minimal.Always beautiful and classic in my eyes at least haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

March~Monthly Update

Hey Guys! I feel like so many cray things happened this month especially at work which I can't really talk about but just wowww! anywa...