Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Heneral Luna + some spoilers | Movie Review




Heneral Luna (2015)
Information Source: Imbd
R | 118 min | Action, History | 30 October 2015 (USA)
Set during the Philippine-American war, a short-tempered Filipino general faces an enemy more formidable than the American army: his own treacherous countrymen.





My thoughts:

The moment this came out I want to watch it so bad but it took awhile for it to be shown in different cinemas across the U.S.I really appreciated my friends for not posting any spoilers in any of their social media. All I heard before I watched this was all praise so I know it's gonna be good and I have really high expectations for this one.

 Anyway, I finally watched it last November 8,2015 and I have mixed feelings about it. I like how it's very well thought out, there's english subtitles available and whenever you're introduce to a character there's a mini name label  besides them so you'll know who they are. I love how funny it is, loaded with uncensored curses (filipino & spanish) , tons of words of wisdom and shows different sides of Antonio Luna along with other characters.  To be honest I have no idea who he is expect for the fact that he's a general that lead the army way back in the day so I find this film very enlightening and refreshing! I really enjoyed how this featured and highlighted Heneral Luna's good and bad side along with other characters and future heroes.

After watching this film I felt so irritated! mainly because of what happened to him!


Spoiler Alert!
I have this what ifs moment like...I think if he's a charismastic leader he can easily overthrow Aguinaldo or any adversaries also control his temper to avoid unnecessary things rumors just make it clean you know although he's not really a political guy just like Mabini said. And if only the soldiers just walked besides him instead of riding those carts that got stuck in the river I think 1 or 2 soldiers will suffice to push and help the cart come across while the others accompany Heneral Luna and the gang.


It took me quite awhile to move on actually I felt so sad for him and it's really nice to know his story.Overall it was definitely worth the watch! I'd like to give it 5 out of 5 stars it has been awhile since I watched such historical filipino film,great quality although if you don't have any background about the Philippine  history you might or might not get some of the happenings and who are the people involved there it can be a little be confusing for some like that part where Rizal got shot you know where the soldiers are almost made out of ink in flashback mode stuff like that but yeah It was very inspiring, mind opening and glad to see this is the Philippine's official entry to the Oscars I really hope and pray for it to win! looking forward to the other installment of this heroic series ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment

March~Monthly Update

Hey Guys! I feel like so many cray things happened this month especially at work which I can't really talk about but just wowww! anywa...