Monday, August 3, 2015

New Death Note (2015) | First Impression


Source: Crunchyroll

About the Show

Simulcast on Wednesdays 10:30pm EDT
A teenager named Light Yagami, who finds a notebook dropped by a rogue Shinigami, or death god. Once he discovers that any human whose name is written in the notebook dies, he begins to use it as a vigilante and bring justice to criminals. However, as criminals begin dropping dead left and right, the authorities become suspicious and turn to genius detective L to try and track down the killer. A deadly game of wits begins as Light tries to stay one step ahead of the police with Light hot on his heels on pursuit.


My Thoughts:

So the storyline is pretty much like the old tv series but I think I like the old tv series better especially when it comes to L that's very faithful when it comes to the characters weird quirks and mannerism on the manga/anime as far as I could remember although I only watched the live adaptation of that series anyway, Misa Misa on the other hand is acting cute as usual. The thing about this new Light he's much more creepy looking especially when he smiles and his hair/bangs so straight and pointy on the ends. Plus there is this character called Near I can't remember I don't think it's ever been included in the old one or whatever. The New L only seems to drink what appears to be juice and sometimes biscuits for tea,wears a white polo shirt and pants most of the time that's always ironed by his butler/assistant/representative Watari and Watari's lines mostly compose of or at least what's in the english subtitles " Another Willful Request" same old lines over and over unless he's in with the investigation team of course haha!

What I like about this new series though is that it's sorta a fresh take, newly improved graphics in Ryuk and Rem's shinigami features, new deathnote leather notebook and a much more modern looking Japan. So far I'd give it 4 out of 5 stars I hope everything picks up soon enough at first I thought L already got it all figure out he almost got me on that one haha! ^_^

P.S You can watch it over at Crunchyroll (click the highlighted links ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment

March~Monthly Update

Hey Guys! I feel like so many cray things happened this month especially at work which I can't really talk about but just wowww! anywa...