Monday, March 30, 2015

Absolute Boyfriend by Yuu Watase | Manga Review



Genre: Comedy, Drama, Romance, School Life, Sci-fi, Shoujo
Series: Completed (6 volumes)
Synopsis (from Viz):
Rejected way too many times by good-looking (and unattainable) guys, shy Riiko Izawa goes online and signs up for a free trial of a mysterious Nightly Lover "figure." The very next day a cute naked guy is delivered to her door, and he wants to be her boyfriend!Has Riiko died and gone to heaven? The cute guy turns out to be sweet, smart, a great cook, and lots more. And he looks like a million bucks, which is what he's going to cost Riiko if she doesn't return him in time...


My thoughts:

What if you could really get a perfect boyfriend and order him online? wouldn't that be great? everything would be grand and just the way you like it, all your problems would be solve in an instant like things you couldn't do your boyfriend could do it for you with a smile. The catch is that kind of boyfriend and technology would cost you a lot! but then again that versus with the cost of your happiness so would you take it?

I really love this story! I love it so much it hurts and the feels are just so great it took me awhile to get over it although I'm not even sure if I'm over it yet even after so many years!.The AI (Artificial Intelligence) idea has been done so many times and in those times that I've read such story like Chobits and this one I usually ended up crying T_T

Yes,I cried so many times in this story alone.It's so heart warming,the scenarios very human and relateable I want to order a perfect boyfriend of my own haha! kidding aside but those instances wherein you find yourself in dire need of assistance and moments where you need someone to be there with you in an instant is the kinda of thing I think most of us wants your own person there with you by your side.

The characters in this world they're regular,ordinary people (except for the AI of course).Riiko tries her best in most situations the moment Night came into her life changes everything! the most exciting bits for me is when Night got into a fight also those times when Riiko's so amaze Night can do anything so extraordinarily well (ok he's a robot but still!) the plot twist for me in the end kinda caught me by surprise I never really thought that could ever happen it's a happy sad ending for me. Let's just say it's one of those series I'd like to be longer but hey I think even with six volumes it ended pretty well the story lives on within us.With that being said I highly recommend this series and gave it five out of five stars!

Feel free to share some of your thoughts below the comment section ^_^


No comments:

Post a Comment

March~Monthly Update

Hey Guys! I feel like so many cray things happened this month especially at work which I can't really talk about but just wowww! anywa...